The Democrats fell over themselves to find any excuse to call President George W. Bush dumb. Like nasty little kids, they jumped at any and every perceived misstep and when they couldn’t find any, they simply made them up.
The really interesting thing is that when it comes to Barack Obama, “the smartest president ever”, there is no need to look hard for missteps or to make anything up. He does it all by himself and it’s all real. So I wonder: Is President Obama smart?
To Democrats: I know it’s really hard for you, but do try to be honest and objective; you might actually learn something valuable. So why not give it try? Here’s a fair “Bush versus Obama” little dumb contest.
Some things to consider …
- If George W. Bush had said he had visited 57 states and he had one more to go, would you have wondered if he was a U.S. Citizen? Would you have brushed it off as something irrelevant? Really? The man wanted to be our president! What could Obama have been thinking? Did he mean 47 states and one to go? Nope, that wouldn’t work either. Then what?
- If George W. Bush had pronounced the word “corpsman” three separate times in a speech to military corpsman the way it is written instead of [kawr-muhn ] – the correct pronunciation – would you have continued to insist that Harvard graduate, Barack Obama, was “the smartest president ever?”
- If George W. Bush had given Prime Minister of Great Britain, Gordon Brown, a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, wouldn’t you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and tacky?
- If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia , would you have approved? No, no, no, don’t even try to spin it. Our president, Barack Obama, did bow to the King of Saudi Arabia.
- If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent “Austrian language,” would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?
- If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had been so Spanish illiterate as to refer to Cinco de Cuatro in front of the Mexican ambassador when it was the fourth of May (Cuatro de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he tried again, wouldn’t you have winced in embarrassment? Should I mention that Bush speaks Spanish fluently? Now I can hear you Democrats saying, “Too bad he can’t speak English fluently.” But of course he did and he does. He just chooses to not sound like a condescending, effete academic.
- If George W. Bush had misspelled the word “advice” (after being Harvard educated) wouldn’t you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and ‘potatoe’ as proof of what a dunce he is?
- If George W. Bush had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, wouldn’t you have concluded he’s a hypocrite?
- If George W. Bush’s administration had approved a flight of Air Force One to fly low over millions of people followed by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread panic, wouldn’t you have wondered whether he actually got what happened on 9-11?
- If George W. Bush had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed so he could get through a press conference, wouldn’t you have laughed and said this is more proof of how incapable he is on his own—and perhaps controlled by smarter people behind the scenes? But it gets worse: Obama actually used a teleprompter in front of a class of elementary students! Okay kids, if you want to look smart, this is how to do it.
- If George W. Bush had failed to send relief aid to flood victims throughout the Midwest with more people killed or made homeless than in New Orleans wouldn’t you want it made into a major ongoing
political issue with claims of racism and incompetence?
- If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?
- If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt in one year, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, would that have been OK with you?
- If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have applauded his knowledge of economics?
- If George W. Bush had reduced your retirement plan holdings of GM stock by 90% in order to give the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have thought that was a good idea? Wouldn’t you have cried “crony capitalism?” Wouldn’t you have called him corrupt?
- If George W. Bush had spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to take Laura Bush to a play in NYC, would you have thought that was romantic and charming?
So is Obama smart? Tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive? Can’t think of anything? Don’t worry. He did all this in 9 months. Now, almost three more years have gone by and when I get a chance, I’ll update this fabulous record of our brilliant president. The good news is that I don’t have to even make this stuff up. Not that I would anyway—like some people I know.
No-common-sense, naive, uninformed voters put this man in office. Let’s hope they wake up before our country is completely destroyed. So much for empty “Hope and Change” slogans.