Obama may hold the record for presidential dishonesty!
ANOTHER UPDATE: (Add this one to the one below.) On November 11, 2013 I devoted an entire post to President Obama’s most publicly noticed lie. It is of course his declaration that “If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it.” He repeated it at least forty times. It is his most publicly noticed lie because, contrary to what he said, over 5 million Americans have thus far lost the healthcare plans they liked and wanted to keep. Click here to read the post.
UPDATE: When this article was originally posted in May, 2012, there was enough information available to classify President Obama as the most dishonest president in U.S. history. Since then, however, his dishonesty has become so rampant that many who might have been reluctant to speak out, now are. Even worse for the president, many are now convinced that he is a pathological liar. In fact this website alone now has an entire category within which are many articles that document Mr. Obama’s deceit. You can see a list at the end of this article.
Politicians and journalists don’t like to use the “lie” word. Instead, they use words like “misspoke” or “disingenuous” or “inaccurate” in order to avoid calling someone a liar. And that is appropriate and fair sometimes because we can’t always be sure if someone is being intentionally dishonest. But sometimes people do lie, intentionally. We all know this is true. So when the President of the United States tells well-documented falsehoods and persistently repeats them, it would be foolish and naive to think he is simply making honest mistakes time after time, speech after speech. After all, the president has a huge staff who are constantly fact checking for him. So I’m calling it like I see it.
President Obama is a very convincing speaker but he begs the question: Is Obama the most dishonest president in history? The shocking truth is that he tells lies in virtually every speech he makes. It is hard to keep up with his lies because he adds new ones almost daily! Of course that may be part of his strategy—to overwhelm us with them so we don’t have time to keep up. This is not a Republican or Democrat problem; it is a very serious problem for all Americans.
Below are 65 well documented lies. Even worse, he continues to repeat many of them as though he thinks no one is listening. The first 13 can be found in Barack Obama’s best-selling book, Dreams From My Father. Some of the others go back to the Obama – McCain 2008 election campaign. He’s been lying for a very long time.
- He claimed his white grandfather Dunham, who was a communist sympathizer, signed up for duty “the day after Pearl Harbor.” Well, he did at least sign up—six months later.
- He has repeatedly claimed the same grandfather “fought in Patton’s army.” But his grandfather was a clerk and never saw combat.
- He claimed his father “fought when he got back to Kenya against tribalism and nepotism, but ultimately was blackballed from the government.” In fact his father fought against capitalism and lost his job when he advocated for communism.
- He has said many times that his late mother’s health insurer refused “to pay for her treatment” for cancer while citing a “pre-existing condition.” But the health insurer, Cigna, actually paid all her hospital bills and never denied payment.
- He claimed that he and a black high school friend named “Ray” were ostracized in Honolulu. But the friend, Keith Kakugawa, was half-Japanese, and they did not experience discrimination.
- He claimed the father of his Indonesian stepfather was killed by Dutch soldiers while fighting for Indonesian independence, when in fact the story turns out to be “a concocted myth in almost all respects,” Washington Post editor and biographer David Maraniss reported.
- He claimed his parents decided to marry during the excitement of the Selma civil-rights march of 1965, which gave him “a claim on Selma.” The problem is, his parents were married several years before the Selma march. (See The Obama Fairy Tale)
- He claimed his father was able to study in the U.S. because of President Kennedy’s efforts to bring “young Africans over to America.” The truth: The Kenyan airlift that brought his father here was in 1959 when Eisenhower was president.
- He actually submitted a phony biography to his book publicist, which claimed that he was “born in Kenya.” (Of course later when some people questioned if he was born in the U.S., he came up with a birth certificate from Hawaii. So which is it? Either way, he lied.
- He denied that he was ever a member of the socialist New Party. But a roster of members of the Chicago chapter clearly lists him as having joined on Jan. 11, 1996.
- He claimed that Weather Underground terrorists Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn were merely casual acquaintances. In fact they were neighbors and they held a fundraiser for him in their living room to help launch his political career. Later, they hosted a barbecue for then Senator Obama in their backyard. He also served on a board of directors with Bill Ayers and worked with him on various projects. (See Obama Lied About Bill Ayers)
- After having attended the church of Rev. Jeremiah Wright for 20 years, Obama claimed he never heard the Reverend spew anti-American invectives during that entire time. But apparently he forgot he said he was moved to tears hearing Wright in a sermon condemn “white folks” and the U.S. for bombing other countries. In fact, he named his second book after that very same sermon.
- He claimed he got into a “big fight” with a white girlfriend named Genevieve Cook. He said after they had seen a black play together, she asked “why black people were so angry all the time.” When interviewed and asked about it, she said she never saw the play or made the remark.
- “Under the Romney/Ryan budget, interest rates on federal student loans would be allowed to double.” – FALSE!
- If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it “would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.” – FALSE!
- “For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs.” – FALSE!
- “Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich all say they would cut foreign aid to Israel — and every other country — to zero.” – FALSE!
- “What I have done — and this is unprecedented … is I’ve said to each agency … ‘look at regulations that are already on the books and if they don’t make sense, let’s get rid of them.’” – FALSE!
- “If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.” – FALSE!
- “Preventive care … saves money, for families, for businesses, for government, for everybody.” – FALSE!
- “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.” – FALSE!
- “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.” – FALSE! (See Obama’s Broken Promises)
- Under President Barack Obama, the United States has “doubled our exports.” – FALSE!
- The president’s proposed budget “will help reduce the deficit by $400 billion over the next decade to the lowest level since Dwight Eisenhower was president.” – FALSE! (See Obama Economic Redord)
- Under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade. – FALSE!
- Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected “the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional.” – FALSE!
- “I didn’t raise taxes once.” – FALSE!
- When President Franklin D. Roosevelt started Social Security, “it only affected widows and orphans,” and when Medicare began, “it was a small program.” – FALSE!
- The Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.” – FALSE!
- “The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.” –FALSE!
- “We’ve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs.” – FALSE!
- When Obama was interviewed by American reporters in Asia, “Not one of them asked me about Asia. Not one of them asked me about the economy.” – FALSE!
- Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, “and he died because of it.” – FALSE!
- Health reform will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do. – FALSE!
- Preventive care “saves money.” – FALSE!
- “No earmarks in spending bill” – FALSE!
- “If we went back to the obesity rates that existed back in the 1980s, the Medicare system over several years could save as much as a trillion dollars.” – FALSE!
- “I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter.” – FALSE!
- Stimulus tax cuts “began showing up in paychecks of 4.8 million Indiana households about three months ago.” – FALSE!
- Health insurance companies are “making record profits, right now.” – FALSE!
- “There is no disagreement that we need action by our government, a recovery plan that will help to jump-start the economy.” – FALSE!He lied about John McCain …
- “Senator McCain would pay for part of his (health care) plan by making drastic cuts in Medicare — $882-billion worth.” – FALSE!
- “The centerpiece of Senator McCain’s education policy is to increase the voucher program in D.C. by 2,000 slots.” – FALSE!
- Under John McCain’s health care plan, people get a $5,000 tax credit to buy a $12,000 health care policy, and “that’s a loss for you.” – FALSE!
- Obama ad wrong about McCain abortion charge: John McCain accused “of letting infants die.” – FALSE!
- “Oil companies …currently have 68-million acres that they’re not using.” – FALSE!
- Obama ad distorted McCain’s stem cell position: McCain “has opposed stem cell research.” – FALSE!
- “But if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would’ve had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week.” – FALSE!
- “The fact is that although we have had a president who is opposed to abortion over the last eight years, abortions have not gone down.” – FALSE!
- Oil companies “haven’t touched” 68 million acres where they already have rights to drill. – FALSE!
- Fully inflating tires is “a step that every expert says would absolutely reduce our oil consumption by 3 to 4 percent.” – FALSE!
- John McCain refuses to support a new bipartisan energy bill “because it would take away tax breaks from oil companies like Exxon Mobil.” – FALSE!
- The U.S. government spends less on energy innovation “than the pet food industry invests in its own products.” – FALSE!
- “Our National Guard, as we saw in the Midwest flooding, can’t function as effectively as it could. I was talking to National Guard representatives. Fifteen of their 17 helicopters in this region were overseas during the flooding.” – FALSE!
- “I think we came down here (to Florida) one time … but we weren’t actively fundraising here.” – FALSE!
- “I have never said that I don’t wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins.” – FALSE!
- “He’s promising four more years of an administration that will push for the privatization of Social Security…” – FALSE!
- “We are bogged down in a war that John McCain now suggests might go on for another 100 years.” – FALSE! And he lied about Hillary Clinton …
- “Hillary Clinton believed NAFTA was a ‘boon’ to our economy.” – FALSE!
- “As has been noted by many observers, including Bill Clinton’s former secretary of labor, my plan does more than anybody to reduce costs.” – FALSE!
- “She (Hillary Clinton) said, you know, ‘I voted for it, but I hoped it wouldn’t pass.’ That was a quote on live TV.” – FALSE!
- “I know that Hillary on occasion has said — just last year said this (NAFTA) was a boon to the economy.” – FALSE!
- “If we went back to the obesity rates that existed in 1980, that would save the Medicare system a trillion dollars.” – FALSE!
- “Right now, an employer has more of a chance of getting hit by lightning than be prosecuted for hiring an undocumented worker. That has to change.” – FALSE!
- If African-Americans vote their percentage of the population in 2008, “Mississippi is suddenly a Democratic state.” – FALSE!
As noted earlier, it is hard to keep up with President Obama’s lies because he adds new ones almost daily! Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, I am sure you agree that this is not only shameful, it is a reflection on our nation. Our president doesn’t limit himself to occasional little white lies, he tells some real whoppers! Must we spend our valuable time fact checking our own president? Yet if we don’t, how can we know when he is telling us the truth? What does this teach our children?
Right now as this is being written our president is telling the world that the Republicans are waging a war against women, young people, the middle class, and others. Yet every single one of those charges are false – not just a little false – but absolutely FALSE!. He knows it and everyone who is paying attention knows it, yet he keeps right on saying them.
So how does he get away with it? First, the media are not telling us the truth about President Obama. Most of them are Democrats and they protect him. They put their political party above the truth, which means they put their self interests before the welfare of our country – before our welfare.
Sadly, this only scratches the surface. By any normal and fair standard it is not an exaggeration to say that President Obama’s presidency has been a national disaster. Our national debt, which if not dealt with quickly will inevitably destroy us. Yet, President Obama is not dealing with it. In fact, he is making it worse, much worse, and we are running out of time. Check back here for another article on that.
But for now, please consider carefully what you have read here. If you have any doubts about its accuracy, you are urged to do your own research. It is not that difficult. It is amazing how quickly one can find honest information through Google. Just be sure that you choose unbiased sources. However if you agree with what you read here, for the good of our country and for your own good, forward this to everyone you can. Our nation is in deep trouble and our future depends on each and everyone of us.